Monday, August 24, 2009

pop that y-rocks 8.22.09



my most recent online radio show aired this past saturday on y-rock on xpn from 1-3. it featured new music from radiohead, the antlers, pictureplane, the xx, and more. full playlist rundown and random observations after the jump...


radiohead - these are my twisted words
phoenix - girlfriend
st. vincent - laughing with a mouth of blood
the pains of being pure at heart - ramona
lansing-dreiden - metal on a gun
throw me the statue - ancestors
xtc - senses working overtime
grizzly bear - two weeks
deastro - shield whip
japandroids - wet hair
health - die slow
delorean - moonsoon
discovery - orange shirt
the antlers - sylvia
jj - me & dean
pictureplane - goth star
the knife - heartbeats
the big pink - velvet
spoon - got nuffin
white denim - regina holding hands
a sunny day in glasgow - ashes grammar - ashes maths
atlas sound - walkabout (feat. noah lennox)
passion pit - the reeling
washed out - you'll see it
yacht - summer song
the xx - basic space
the streets - fit but you know it
simian mobile disco - audacity of huge (feat. chris keating)
basement jaxx - raindrops

listenership seemed to be up a great deal this week, with a lot of my song selections getting positive feedback.

this may be my last "regular" playlist for a while. with roughly ten shows to do for the rest of the year, i've decided to shift my focus from showcasing the new to reflecting on the old for a bit. each of this year's remaining shows will be dedicated to one year in music this decade, beginning with 2000 and working my way up.

I will be welcoming interaction with readers and listeners during this time, taking requests and recommendations and hopefully shining some light on music you may have missed the first time around. with each shift, i will blog my playlist and progress, posting the occasional mp3 and noting songs and transitions that move me in one way or another as i incorporate them into what will become my definite ipod playlist for the decade, to be unveiled on decemeber 31st, 2009.

so stay tuned. hopefully we'll all learn something over the next few months and have some fun doing it. it all kicks off this saturday, august 29 at 1pm.

cheers.

No comments: